Finally, the physician appointment time was here... I was actually looking forward to this appointment because if you even knew the many things that I was imagining this pain to be. I won't express those many thoughts in an effort to hide my "craziness" just a bit. One hint...my worst fear was amputation....
The Doctor ordered a STAT x-ray and tons of lab work. The x-ray came back clear and so did all the lab work. I would like to say that this was a relief to me but actually, having nothing seemed more frustrating. I asked for other tests but they were not deemed necessary and then my physician told me that this happens sometimes in "40 year old healthy women for no apparent reason and it subsides in about 6 weeks". What is up with that!
I didn't express my thought of "What is up with that!" but she must have realized what I was thinking while looking at her with a blank stare. She repeated, "40 year old healthy women for no apparent reason and it subsides in about 6 weeks". I didn't think to ask her what was going to happen when I turned 41.
I am grateful to have an arm although there is still some limited pain for no apparent reason other than I am 40 years old. Don't worry, I am telling myself to "Deal with it and things could be worse" since I know that is what you are thinking.
This made me laugh out loud!!!! You are hilarious and I am so glad you are blogging! I've added you to my 'blogs I am following' on my blog so I can see when you write! Oh, by the way...I'm glad amputation wasn't necessary! :)
ReplyDeleteMicaela - Thanks for following. I am new to this. I am glad I could bring you some joy out of my pain...tee hee. Missed seeing you tonight.
ReplyDeleteIt's from texting:)!
ReplyDelete