As the event came to and end, the door prizes were beginning to be dispersed to the winners. There were probably 50 gifts to be distributed to those in attendance. It was amazing to watch each person sitting at my table have the numbers to their ticket stubs being called as a winner. All 4 of the other people, including my Assistant, received a door prize to take home.
Okay, so most of the stuff, I probably do not need or want. There was a big thermal bag, a Fourth of July plaque, bottles of wine, stationary sets and the like. It was just the point of sitting at a table with 4 other people and being the only one not to have their number called as a winner.
One of the ladies sitting at the table had just said, "Wow, what a lucky table that we have!" And then she realized that I didn't win anything and she felt pity for me. She offered to give me a portion of her winning and insisted that I take the Fourth of July plaque. Although I did not need this, it was certainly a nice gesture on her part.
Then my Assistant turned to me and reminded me that it really was true what I mentioned earlier about not "really ever winning anything". Chuckle, Chuckle. Good thing I really like her!
Talk about really feeling like a loser!
Of course, if you know my sense of humor, I think it is rather comical and should be an encouragement to anyone attending something with me where there may be a chance to win something. You have good odds with me in attendance.
I think I need to sit at your table next time:)
ReplyDeleteYa, that would seem to be the best way to win.... :).
ReplyDelete